Data protection plays a key role in the online sector. Matters such as Cross Device Targeting, Online Behavioral Advertising and Progammatic Advertising are not feasible unless the data protection environment is properly taken into account. We are experts in these issues and advise significant numbers of technology providers, marketers, publishers and agencies in all aspects of data protection relating to the relevant laws, such as the BDSG (the Federal Data Protection Act), TMG (the Telemedia Law) and of course also in respect of the forthcoming EU General Data Protection Regulation.
In addition, we act as an external data protection officer for our clients, whom we also advise on general questions of data protection, including on employee data protection.
We assist our national and international clients to attain the relevant data protection quality seal.
Our legal services cover all aspects of national and international data protection, for example:
- Contract data processing
- General Data Protection Regulation
- Safe harbour and model clauses
- Cloud computing and big data
- Online privacy (including privacy statements and tracking services)
- Real Time Bidding and Programmatic Advertising
- IT security, outsourcing and compliance
- Employee data protection
- Assistance with applying for data protection quality marks